Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas Ornament Craftiness

I wanted to make sure and do plenty of Christmas crafts and activities with the kids this year, especially now that they're older and I can do more stuff with them. I saw a few craft posts on Pinterest about making Clay ornaments so I decided to give that a try. I bought Crayola Air-Dry Clay from Walmart and we began our fun. 

\




The boys had a lot of fun using cookie cutters to make ornaments. They picked out what they wanted to use and then pressed the cookie cutter into the dough I had rolled out for them. We left them to dry for a few days and then we painted them with Crayola Washable No-drip Paint Brush Pens. 






It was the first time we used the paint pens and I have to say I really like them. The paint is in the pen and they dry pretty quickly, it is really more like a marker but the kids enjoyed thinking they were painting. If the boys want to I'd like to make ornaments with them every year if we can. Hopefully the ornaments will last because they seemed pretty fragile. Maybe we'll try using the clay you bake in the oven next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment